Weekly Changy

Weekly Changy

Friday 1 October 2010

The True Beginning

Monday 20th September. 09:58 am. I am walking towards the University of Derby. Kedleston Campus. Deadmau5 is in my head playing me 'Some Chords'.
10:01 am. I walk into the main reception area and ask for the Induction to Media Production. He tells me that is on the 3rd floor of B block.
10:03 am. I am now walking up some stairs. Deadmau5 is still playing in my head, but I can hear the abstract noises of people ahead of me.
10:06 am. I am now walking and I see a Lecturing theatre, there are a lot of people inside. Surprisingly I am not as nervous as I thought I would be. Upon entry to the lecture, everyone stares at me and i apologise for my lateness. I grab a couple of papers and quickly find a place to sit, instead of standing like a lemon whilst everybody stares at me.
10:10 am. At this point I am relaxed a bit more now and other people turn up late, I don't feel so bad now. Deadmau5 is still playing me songs, whilst a Lecturer known as Nathan is talking, I do not want to reach into my pocket and turn it off, won't look good.
10:25 am. People are still coming in, I really don't feel so bad now. Now I manage to get a look around at some of the people I am sharing this theatre with. They all come in their shapes and sizes but none the less they all look like interesting people.

After this 'Academic Counseling/Induction' I begin this 'Enrolment'  The stress of this Procedure of enrolment is that all of us, us 150+ of us had to move out of the theatre and go through a selection of rooms. The actual procedure of enrolment was quick, but the fact that no one knew where they were going startled a lot of people which resulted in a lot of people wandering around the corridors. Big question of this day is, how much will I remember of this information that I have been told today?

No comments:

Post a Comment