Weekly Changy

Weekly Changy

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Back To Costco

Costco Wholesale. what is Costco? Costco is a trade club warehouse. In other words when you get a membership, you are entitled you purchase the items within the warehouse. Costco, is very much like a supermarket, however, say if you wanted to buy a can of Coke, you don't just buy a can of Coke, you buy a 24 can pack for 5-ish pounds. My previous job back home was me having to work on the door. The department known as Member Services. What do I do? I stand on the entrance door and see everybody's membership card, I stand on the exit door and check everybody's trolleys and sign receipts. Thats pretty much it, there's more but I've probably bored you. I am not sure how many warehouses there are in world, but there's a lot. Most of them have the same layout as well.
Transfer request: Costco Chester to Costco Derby. From walking into my new Costco, layout is a lot different! everything is the other way round to back at Chester, all the staff are a lot older than everybody at Chester too. Once again, Im the youngest on my department. Everybody seems very nice and some of them already know me which is quite strange. What was the most strangest thing about Costco Derby, is the work Member Services DON'T do. No jewellery count sheet. No Item tick sheet. Steel Check is on 1 sheet. Item count sheet has only 12 items on it. No panic alarms. 1 set of keys. No last floorwalk after close. No Beam check. No camera check. No computer sign on for any of them. No 'EN5'. They don't even help the trolley guy putting the trolleys into the foyer. If anybody from Member Services Chester is reading this. how crazy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment