Weekly Changy

Weekly Changy

Sunday 19 August 2012

Everything's Around The Corner.



For this past week and a half, I can tell you that the majority of talk, thoughts, feelings and planning have gone into the coming weeks and months(and I guess other things on my mind).


What Im going through is what everyone goes through. The waiting stage. You plan something in advance, and once it is planned, all you do is wait for it, and throughout this stage, you find yourself doing the exact same things every week (or day) until the time comes for the event. Which generally is work, eat, sleep. Then occasionally you get play, eat, sleep. Now I don't know whether your pattern is similar to mine, but I do know that these similar patterns in motion can make your week(s) slow down so much it is at the pace of a slug. Only the strong, inspired, last minute, and creative ideas pull through to make the week more entertaining and quicker. 
Celebrating the birth of James Chew was an inspired but not really last minute event in which made the week more entertaining.

Directed by James Chew, and Produced by Hannah Foley.

Photographed by Abigail Armstrong and featuring some A-listers such as : 

James Chew
Harvey Brown
Kenneth Barnett
'Muzz Buzz'
Matt Damon
Hannah Foley
James Dye
Seon Kwak
Stephen Hawkins
Palmino Mercuri
Abigail Armstrong

And those two other guys who I mistakably cannot remember their names to save my life, if you were their and I missed your name leave a comment!

A night that saw interactions with Sourz, Jack Daniels, Desperados, Malibu, Budweiser Budvoir, and cake.

This event made the week go quicker, but now the week has now slowed down to pace where I look at the next events for me to enjoy and endure and I find that everything's around the corner.

And now, a message, to all of the past and future customers of Costco.
When you see the 'Extended Opening Hours on Sundays' notice,
Take note that its states '10:00am to 18:00pm.'
and that '18:00' does not mean 8pm, it means 6pm.

Relaxing trading hours on Sundays?

This relaxation on Sundays, relaxed in attempts for businesses to make more profit during the Olympics, now may be relaxed all together. This swift news that the Government are considering this has left multiple unions angry about it. I personally don't mind, and nor does Dave Collins as he has expressed his opinion in the past about this matter, however it seems it is only Dave Collins that I know, that agrees with relaxing Sunday trading hours. By the way Dave if your opinion has suddenly changed about this subject do tell me. 
People that I know, completely refuse to work Sundays and they feel that they have the right to have every Sunday off all year round. But none of these people are in no way religious, so what makes Sundays such a ritual driven day for people not to go to work? Commitments? to see the kids? to do those 'chores'? can you not do that on any other day?



I leave you with that, if you like not working on Sundays then thats fair enough I do not mean to offend you, I just find it puzzling.
   



No comments:

Post a Comment