Weekly Changy

Weekly Changy

Friday 2 December 2011

Close Your Eyes, And Everything Is Slower

That is the best description as to what I am feeling about my situation right now. I close my eyes, and when I think deeply about approximately everything, it does feel like it is a slow left to right pan of events and memories depicted in still pictures. So many things to do and so many things to think about, I do feel like my head gets bigger sometimes when it has to remember more things.

This week has been particularly busy. I have been powering on with University work that I can best describe as like me attempting to run a treadmill whilst tied to weights on each leg. It feels like a big mental block/object that takes up a lot of my head. Once completed, I will be able to remove this block and my head will feel lighter, and I will be able to soak it in entertainment, Im sure this is felt the same for most students.
I won't lie, University work has been colourful, challenging, but none the less, educational and enjoyable. If you are reading this and you are on the same course as me, or just taking the same modules as me, Im sure you must think that is a bit geeky of me, which I admit, it kind of does sound like that.
I state this fact because I often reflect on what I was and what I could of been if not deciding to pursue going to University. It scares me in honesty.

So reader, this is what apart from that, there has been other events for me that have happened in this week. As Im deeply thinking about the occurrences of this week, I think I am going to finish off what I want to type about University. The only real practical work that has been accomplished for the autumn semester has been Radio Production, which strikes me as a bit odd, seemingly because my course is labelled 'Media Production'. James Chew, Marcus Bonnick and myself have also been what I like to label in person 'beastin'' out on the practical work. Three well lit sparks pool together to make one unified beam of natural creative sparked light. That, is, us three, as a group, in a descriptive sentence.

Enough of University. This week for me, I embarked on a small road quest to collect, and deliver a puppy to the Kwak family. This envolved me driving to Dronfield.....(I think that 's what it's called), then driving to Rugby, and then back to Derby. Upon being handed this quest from Queen Kwak, I, Knight Jimmy Chang, requested help for this task. So I managed to find Supreme Commander Kenneth to aid in navigation, and Abi came too. All in all, we missed a couple of junctions, went the wrong way about three times, but.... We managed to see, Chesterfield, Dronfield and Rugby. Not much to report unfortunately, apart from the wonky church in Chesterfield in which the religious reason for being like that was because the devil was messing about on the top and broke it (Basically).

"How's Work?"
A lot of people ask me this question you know, and to be honest I give out the same answer, mainly because I don't want to go into detail with what I really want to tell. With working with the public, comes stupid questions, you would really think that I wouldn't get many, but indeed I do.

Two women come into the front door, show their card, and the woman turns and asks me this:

"Excuse me, what time does this bit *points finger to shop floor* close?"

"8:30"

"Okay, and what time does this place shut?"

"........8:30"    

It's probably the single most humorous events that happen when working with the public. Humorous, and yet annoying how people can ask stupid questions. I am sure at some points of reading my posts, if you are an avid reader that is, that I rarely post anything negative about work, I am more merely fed up with it. I study media law, and knowing now about slandering about corporations can get you in trouble, I will not go into detail. But I will tell you this. 90% of my job, is negative. What I post up here is the remaining 10% of the positive of my work. Just a little something for you readers to be thinking about.

I know what your thinking, 'well at least he's got a job' right? true, I am thankful to have a job, but the more I work there, and the longer I stay there, I begin to wonder if it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment